Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Desktop Joins the Family: Gehirn

Somewhat old news, but I've semi-recently acquired a new desktop for use at college. Specs:

Name: Gehirn (German for brain)
Type: PowerSpec B707

Processor: Intel i5 655k dual core hyperthreaded
CPU Speed: 3.2 Gigahertz
RAM: 4 Gigabytes DDR3
HDD Capacity: 1 Terabyte
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 Professional

Gehirn is my workhorse which I will be using for various computer projects I am working on. I'd post pictures but I have no decent camera.

Also, note that while the correct pronunciation of the German 'gehirn' is [gee-rin] with a soft 'g' (as in 'ghost'), the computer's name is pronounced [geh-HERE-en] (also with a soft 'g'). It's more or less personal taste and that I think the visual "English" pronunciation sounds better.

I plan to double Gehirn's HDD capacity and RAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment